Saturday, October 29, 2011

A cup a day keeps the doctor away....

Forget the apples! I know something better for curing a cold.....

When I was a kid, my mom had a friend named Hazel. She was actually our pastor's wife and she was one of the most unusual people I had ever met. At one point, I had a very bad cold/sore throat and she recommended a concoction to my mom.

I HATED it the first time I tried it. It was strong-tasting and hot....that is all I remember. But it worked! After a few cups of the stuff, my sore throat was gone and my cold had disappeared.

After that, I was sold. To this day, when I feel a cold coming on, I mix up a cup or two of this stuff and drink it until the symptoms go away.


{Hazel's Cold-curing Brew}

1 bag herbal tea (fruit-flavors usually taste best) 3 T. honey 1 T. apple cider vinegar

1) Brew tea bag as directed. Add honey--stir until dissolved. Add vinegar. 2) Drink as hot as you can stand it. Repeat as needed.

Stay healthy, my friends..... ;-)

1 comment:

  1. All right here it goes...lets kill this virus in its tracks!

    ReplyDelete