Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Peter Peter, pumpkin eater

It's that time of year again.....
...when everything food-related suddenly has pumpkin in it.

Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin soup.

All of this is hard for someone who is not *in love* with pumpkin.

(That would be me.)

Don't get me wrong--there are a few pumpkin-y items that I really like. I just don't want it forced into every recipe I own.
I am a "selective pumpkin eater".

I HAVE always been in love with this pumpkin delicacy though......

{pumpkin roll}

I think my desire for it is based mainly on the cream cheese filling but still....it's a pumpkin thing and I like it.
And I had never made one until a few weeks ago!

I know...crazy, right? I always drooled over it and dreamed of it, but was way. too. lazy to make one myself. But I figured that is no way to live.

So I searched my FAVE site and found a recipe for one here.

And I made it.

And it was awesome.

This is how I enjoyed it....with a cup of coffee OF COURSE.....amidst the toys and chaos.
It was still heavenly.


Thankfully, I am not called to live inside a pumpkin like poor Peter's wife. Those things smell horrible.....but they do make a good treat....when slathered with cream cheese frosting. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment